While we were writing about major chatbot failures and top chatbots, we started noticing and documenting the areas where chatbots really add value to businesses. Now we are ready to explain how businesses in different industries can use chatbots.
And do not imagine this as a company having 20 chatbots. Consider 2 chatbots for your company, one that is serving all requests from customers and partners and another serving all your employee’s requests. So if an employee needs to create an IT request or if she needs to put in her time sheet, she will use the same system and the same interface.
Chatbot solutions for any industry that serves specific business functions
- 1- Answering frequently asked questions
- 2- Resolving customer queries: Answering questions is helpful but a chatbot is not that useful if it can not complete transactions. For example, if customers frequently call to check the delivery time of their package, it makes sense to let the chatbot handle those questions.
- 3- Recommending new offers: Recommending the right products to the customer based on her verbal feedback
- 4- Understanding your customers: Asking the right questions at the right times on your application or website
- 5- Sales assistant: Integrated to your CRM system, your chatbot can act as an assistant to sales personnel, by notifying them when they are assigned opportunities, simplifying lead creation and updates.
- 6- Customer outreach is better when bots write the first reply. For example while reaching out to SMEs, you can send automated emails and chatbots can respond immediately to leads. Reduction in response times is one of the biggest boosts to conversion as demonstrated by this study by insidesales.com
- 7- Keeping the pulse of your employees has never been easier. Integrate chatbots like Polly into your collaboration environment like Slack to monitor their satisfaction and productivity.
- 8- Answering common HR related questions is time consuming and boring for employees but an ideal job for chatbots.
- 9- Completing transactional HR services: Most employees have a hard time remembering where they need to fill in their absences and vacations. Especially new joiners are clueless about such things. A cool solution is to stop recording absences altogether. A slightly less cooler solution is to roll out an HR chatbot on the common chat platforms for such questions
- 10- IT helpdesk: Helpdesk functionality can be easily embedded in a bot that can create/assign cases, notify users of updates and answer users’ questions.
Facilities and other support services
- 11- Helpdesk: All facilities related requests can be collected by a chatbot that will also notify users as their requests are completed.
Industry-specific chatbot solutions
- 12- Shop with conversational commerce unlock more options
- 13- Set price alerts
- 14- Choose gifts
- 15- Book travel
- 16- Book accommodation
- 17- Get advice on topics like where to visit, what to see
- 18- Investment management:
- 19- Credit applications
- 20- Money transfer
If you still want to see more chatbot applications, We also have a guide for chatbot use cases categorized according to industries and mode of communication with the customer. If you are ready to implement your chatbot, we have a comprehensive, up-to-date list of all chatbot platforms so your company can build its own chatbot. While some platforms require technical skill, others can be tackled by non-coders.
Hope we could help you identify how you could use bots in your business. You can also check out AI applications in marketing, sales, customer service, IT, data or analytics. And If you have a business problem that is not addressed here: