Affective computing systems automatically identify emotions. Affective computing is also called emotion detection, emotion AI, artificial emotional intelligence or affective AI. Understand affective computing in detail:
- What is affective computing?
- Can software really understand emotions? What is the theoretical foundation for emotion recognition?
- Why is affective computing relevant now?
- How does it work?
- What are affective computing use cases?
- What are alternatives/substitutes to emotion recognition?
- What are leading companies in emotion detection?
What is affective computing?
Affective computing systems auto-recognize emotions. See a longer definition below:
Affective computing is the development of systems that can recognize, interpret, process, and simulate human feelings and emotions.
It may seem strange that machines can do something that is so inherently human. However, there is growing research supporting the point that human emotions are recognizable using facial and verbal clues.