Thomas J. Watson Sr. joins Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR) in 1914 and over the next two decades transforms it into a growing leader in innovation and technology. He built a worldwide industry; it is called to International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) in 1924. According to Fortune 500, IBM is ranked as one of top 10 firms in 90’s. Let’s take a look at the roadmap of the IBM in the digital transformation, it consists not just software, hardware and services include cognitive solutions and cloud platform. IBM’s Bekas explains that we simply can’t scale enough hardware to solve this. “Ultimately, hardware can’t beat computational complexity. You need to have a combination of algorithmic improvement and hardware development,”
We feature leading European Artificial Intelligence companies here. In terms of popular AI use cases; Information security, marketing and sales dominate the map. An interesting exception is NeoTek from Russia, they provide a physical security solution, an image recognition system to dedect intruders real time from video camera footage.
In some cases numerous companies exist in one country. In such cases, we selected the company to feature after considering 2 points:
- Is AI part of the company’s core business?
- How big is the company in terms of funding, number of employees, number of customer references?
Results are based on public information, most data is from companies we are currently featuring on AIMultiple.com. You can also see the interactive version on Tableau Public
If you have any suggestions, please share with us so we can improve the map. You can also check out AI applications in marketing, sales, customer service, IT, data or analytics. And If you have a business problem that you want to solve with AI:
Almost all major websites and business do not use artificial intelligence could be a simpler question. Since AI systems can be defined as learning systems that solve problems which can not be solved perfectly, AI systems are ubiquitous in major enterprises. Here are some mainstream and some quirky examples that are open to public so you can interact with the AI system. If you think we are missing any examples, please add to comments.
- Text search:
- Google is one of the leading companies in AI and it is impossible to have a competitive search solution today without Natural Language Processing, a sub field of AI. RankBrain is a machine-learning artificial intelligence system that helps Google process some of its search results, in particular rare or one-of-a-kind queries. It was launched in early 2015 and is used globally by Google.
- Chinese search engine Baidu is also heavily investing in AI employing more than 1300 employees on AI topics like deep learning
Google Translate was featured extensively by NYT as one of the leaders of the AI awakening
We have identified about a dozen artificial intelligence use cases in customer service and structured these use cases around typical customer service activities. Our framework is by no means comprehensive but it is ever improving so please let us know if you have any comments and suggestions.
Primary customer service activities and AI use cases in these activities are listed below. You can explore more on each topic by clicking its link which will take you to a detailed guide with references:
1- Identify customer issues with social listening and ticketing solutions
Identifying issues wherever they rise is the first step to resolving them. Social listening and ticketing vendors help you to leverage Natural Language Processing and machine vision to identify customers to contact and respond to them automatically or assign them to relevant agents increasing customer satisfaction.
To be the platform connecting AI vendors and enterprises, we need to be on top of new AI vendors and new AI application areas. We track a wealth of resources to achieve that.
- Chat bots:
- https://www.topbots.com/ The articles here are quite enjoyable, they cover more interesting usage areas of AI. For example: Can Artificial Intelligence Give You Beauty Advice? which explains how a decade of research was used by modiface to simulate anti-aging advice, hair and make-up simulations
- https://www.helparo.com/ Focused on chat bots
- https://www.pr2020.com/blog for PR related news. Everybody asks this question at least once: https://www.pr2020.com/blog/will-artificial-intelligence-replace-content-marketers
- https://www.meetcortex.com/blog/ which covers digital marketing strategy, changes in our life with AI, future expectations and predictions. For example effect of AI on digital marketing https://www.meetcortex.com/blog/ai_digital_marketing/
- https://aitopics.org/search/ To search AI news
- Singularityhub AI section
- https://aigamedev.com/ Game related AI news
- https://blog.clarifai.com/ Humans writing about computers that think like humans
Corporates leveraging AI:
- https://aiexperiments.withgoogle.com/ With experiments and videos like this one AI experiments is a fun and interesting AI resource.
- https://blog.openai.com/ – Blog of openAI which aims to discover and enact the path to safe artificial general intelligence.
- Import AI from OpenAI’s Jack Clark
Finally, there is us if you don’t want to track gazillion sources to stay on top of AI developments:
We track and summarize the latest and greatest from all these resources. You can follow us on twitter, Facebook or Linkedin. Or you can also sign up to our newsletter on aimultiple.com to get a weekly summary of all the latest and greatest from all these resources. To sign up to the newsletter, just browse the website for a few minutes, the pop-up will ask you to join the newsletter.